The Hospital was founded by William Browne, a rich wool merchant of Stamford, and built in 1475 in the reign of Edward IV. With his brother, John, William Browne was largely responsible for enlarging and embellishing the Church of All Saints nearby. He and his wife are believed to have lived in a house adjacent the western side of the Hospital, and so would have been parishioners of All Saints’, where brasses to three generations of their family may be seen.
Access: There are stairs to access the venue
Stamford Georgian Festvial
Stamford Arts Centre, 27 St Mary's Street, Stamford, Lincs PE9 2DL
The Stamford Georgian Festival is core funded and organised by South Kesteven District Council